About This Role:
We are currently looking to recruit support workers in the Sutherland Shire, Inner Western and Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, to provide Home Care Services so clients can remain living independently in their homes as per roster requirements.
About you and the key responsibilities:
- You are committed to provide home care services to clients within the community.
- Assisting clients with activities of daily living, assistance with personal hygiene, light housekeeping duties, cooking and meal preparation.
- Monitoring their overall well being and escalate to our Registered Nurse’s and management, where necessary.
- Attending appointments with clients where necessary and provide transportation.
- Facilitating physical, recreational, social and educational activities..
- Compile and report all accidents/incidents and hazards to management.
- Responsible for the safe management of all equipment in line with policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills.
- Ability to utilize software applications.
- Commitment and willingness to participate in continuing training and education.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
Qualifications in Aged Care, Disability or Home Care
- Dementia Care experience highly recommended.
- Must have a current Unrestricted Drivers’ license and a reliable vehicle (Night Shift staff may not require to have a car)
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate.
- Current Manual Handling Certificate
- Current Criminal Record Check or willingness to undergo a National Criminal Record Check
- NEW NDIS Clearance Check (required)
What we can offer!
- Flexible working hours to encourage a work/life balance
- Above award wage
- Ongoing education and professional development.
- A great supportive team.
- Travel Reimbursement
Training can be provided for the following:
- Manual Handling
- Infection control
- Hand hygiene
- Falls prevention
- Work place health and safety
- And many more!